There are so many meatloaf recipes out there but most involve many ingredients, a lot of preparation and take a long time to bake. That's why I love making this meatloaf recipe in the Instant Pot. It's a very simple recipe and the results are always excellent. Never dried, always tasty and always delicious.
MAKE TWO MEATLOAFS ONCE
For this recipe we use two mini aluminum pans in an instant 6q pan. They are the perfect size to fit the plate and can be purchased in almost any supermarket and even in stores with a dollar discount. Since we are preparing 2 meatloafs, we can add other ingredients to one of the two, if we wish. It works perfectly because if you have the most demanding palates like me, you can prepare a meatloaf exactly as the recipe requires, and the other one with some added extras. More on that in a minute …
USE THE HANDS ON THE GROUND PROVIDED FOR THE BEST INSTANT MEATLOAF
While developing this recipe for meatloaf in the Instant Pot, I used several mixtures of minced meat. From 73% lean to 97% lean. What I discovered was, when it comes to pressure cooking meatloaf, the leaner the better. And by that I mean up to 97% of lean ground beef. This was by far the best result.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS FOR PERFECT TASTE AND STRUCTURE
For condiments it is also very simple: a little bit of Worcestershire, a little bit of onions, garlic powder, seasoned salt and ketchup. And an egg of course. I don't like that the meatloaf is overwhelmed by a particular ingredient. Rather, I love the ingredients that come together and create a good salty taste that accentuates the ingredients, while not being dominated by one alone. The plot is also important. I like to use panko breadcrumbs. The mixture of ground beef, panko and ketchup creates a perfect texture that is soft and juicy while maintaining a rich feeling.
HOW TO MAKE THE MUSHROOM IN AN INSTANT VASE
It couldn't be easier. We mix all the ingredients as we would for a normal meatloaf recipe, fill the mini pans with the mixture, then place the pans on the trivet in the instant pan with 1 1/2 cups of water. 25 minutes at high pressure, a quick release and you're good to go! When you mix the meatloaf ingredients, you don't want to mix too much. By this I intend to use both hands gently to mix all the ingredients for about a minute, or until all the ingredients are well incorporated together. It is not necessary to continue putting it in a paste. Once the mixture is all mixed, you can separate it into two parts. This is also the part, where we would add other ingredients if we wanted one of the meatloaf mixes. Personally, I always love a little chopped onion, carrot and celery. Then gently model each by hand into the approximate size of the mini pans and positional inside. Once in the pans, you can gently touch the pans on the counter to get the meatloaf mixture to settle in, and also gently use your hands to fill the pans.
FINISH THE MEATLOAF UNDER THE BROILER
One thing we really like to do for this recipe is add the ketchup to the top of the meatloaf after doing it in the Instant Pot and put it under the grill in the oven for about 5 minutes. The sugars in the ketchup will begin to caramelize and bring out a delicious flavor that is as perfect as the finishing touch.
ADVICE ON SERVICE
The potatoes in the picture are my Air Fryer Roast Baked French Fries. These are so fantastic and very simple to make!
Instant tasty meatloaf
Preparation time: 10 min | Cooking time: 25 min | Total time: 35 minutes | Yield: 4-6 portions
- 1.5 kg of minced meat (97% lean)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup (split)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of seasonal salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the minced meat, the breadcrumbs, the egg, the seasonal salt, the onion powder, the garlic powder, the Worcestershire sauce and the 1/2 cup ketchup. Use your hands and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture in half and form gently in the mini pans.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the Instant Pot liner, add trivet and place the filled mini pans on the trivet. Fasten the cover and bring the vent to the closed (closed) position. Cook under high pressure for 25 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, quickly release the pressure.
- Turn on the oven grill. Carefully remove the mini pans from the instant pan and pour any drops from the pans.
- Cover the tops of each meatloaf with the remaining ketchup and put the pans under the grill for about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to cool on the work surface for about 5 minutes.
- Use 2 forks to remove each meatloaf from the pans and you're ready to cut and serve.