This is a fairly simple recipe. The hardest part is mashing pork rinds, but it's actually quite fun. You can also use flavored pork rinds for an extra touch of flavor. Alternatively, you can buy pork panko breadcrumbs made from pork rinds which eliminates this step.
Dip the chicken in mayonnaise and then cover with pork panko and parmesan mixture. Then bake. It's that easy!
If you don't want to buy pork flavored pork rinds but want an additional flavor, you can add several toppings in step 3. Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder or any other seasoning would add even more flavor to this recipe. Or you could use sriracha mayo instead of normal mayo.
Aren't they fantastic?
Low-carb baked chicken offerings
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Servings: 4 | Calories: 357kcal
Enjoy a low-carbohydrate version of breaded chicken strips with this baked chicken contest recipe. Easy and delicious, excellent for low carbohydrate diets, gluten or keto free.
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of parmesan
- 1/2 cup of chopped pork rind
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Combine the Parmesan, the Italian seasoning and the pork rinds in a shallow bowl and the mayonnaise in a second bowl.
- Dip the chicken fingers in the mayonnaise, completely covering them, then add the pork rind mixture. Put each strip of chicken in a saucepan.
- Cook 22-25 minutes until the golden chicken and the chicken reach an internal temperature of 165 F.
The nutritional information shown is an estimate and is not assumed to be accurate. If accurate diet or lifestyle information is needed, please calculate nutrition yourself using a trusted tool.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 27g | Saturated fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 337mg | Vitamin A: 160 IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 0.8 mg