The bacon chicken nuggets are a perfect appetizer for any occasion! A mixture of sweet caramelised brown sugar and the spicy heat of cayenne pepper perfectly complement the salty and sweet tones! In case you want some other option for delicious appetizers.
BACON OF CHICKEN BACON
The key to mastering this little appetizer ah is buying the appropriate bacon. I know what you are thinking. Isn't all bacon "appropriate"? Yes, I believe we are on the same page in terms of bacon, always being an acceptable food option. However, if you plan on making this particular appetizer, I highly recommend getting the best quality bacon you can find. The chicken and bacon juices blend and amplify the spices of these bacon bites wrapped in chicken and take them to a whole new level.
HOW TO SEASON CHICKEN STICKS
These bacon-wrapped chicken bites make your mouth water. After the first bite, I had to break it down to understand what was going on to make them so delicious. The first thing, bacon, we have already discussed. I think what happens is that the fat comes off the bacon and penetrates all the seasonings and naturally caramelizes the brown sugar.
Cayenne pepper does its job subtly enough to create some warmth behind the sweetness. It is honestly magical what happens with these kids.
To make the perfect seasoning you just have to:
- Brown sugar
- chili pepper powder
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
SUGGESTIONS FOR CHICKEN BITES WITH WRAPPED BACON
If you happen to have only thick sliced bacon, you will want to pre-cook the bacon just a little. I would like to suggest a 5-10 minute advantage. The reason you want to do this is that otherwise you may overcook the chicken. You want to give the chicken time to cook, but you have to match the times. If you go with normal and thin bacon, there is no need to pre-sew them at all. Put them all together.
Chicken nuggets wrapped in bacon
Chicken nuggets wrapped in bacon are a perfect appetizer for any occasion! A mixture of sweet caramelised brown sugar and the spicy heat of cayenne pepper perfectly complement the salty and sweet tones!
Preparation time 15 minutes Cooking time 45 minutes | Total time 1 hour Servings 32 bites
- 2 pounds boneless skinless, chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
- Pack of 1.5 lbs. Good quality bacon
- 1 cup of well packaged brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, chilli powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dip the wrapped chicken in the mixture. (We didn't use toothpicks, but if the bacon is falling you can skewer them.) Put on an aluminum-coated oven pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes and then flip the bites. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the bacon is crunchy.
- IF YOU HAVE USED BACON THICKNESS AND PRE-COOKED THE BACON should only cook for 25 minutes. Turn them over halfway through cooking.