The hot chocolate lasagna is a delicious dessert, perfect for parties to feed the crowd and it is absolutely not a baking recipe !!! If you are looking for the perfect recipe for a Christmas cake, you should prepare this simple, layered cake with Oreo crust, a layer of hot chocolate cheesecake mousse, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows.
Hot chocolate lasagna
In fact, this hot chocolate Lasagna dessert is the updated version of my old recipe: Chocolate Lasagna!
Today, chocolate lasagna has become a classic dessert. You all know that delicious layered dessert without baking with Oreo crust, layer of cheesecake, layer of chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top. It is so simple to prepare, it is a pleasant dessert for the crowd. Plus, it's perfect for picnics or potlucks, whenever you need to feed the crowd.
If you think it can't be better, you're wrong! This hot chocolate lasagna has so much flavor in every single bite.
The first layer is without Oreo crust. But the second layer is exaggerated! It's a hot chocolate cheesecake mousse and it melts in your mouth !!!
The third layer is the instant chocolate pudding with mini marshmallow.
The top layer is whipped cream with a pile of mini marshmallows and chocolate drizzle.
How to prepare hot chocolate lasagna
Mix the crushed Oreo cookies with the melted butter and press them on the bottom of the 13 x 9 saucepan, then put them in the fridge to firm them while making the next layer.
To make a layer of hot chocolate cheesecake mousse, whisk the softened butter and the cream cheese with vanilla and icing sugar. In another bowl, whisk the heavy whipped cream and hot chocolate powder until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream with hot chocolate into a cheesecake mixture and distribute on the crust, then put it in the refrigerator or freezer to firm up.
For the pudding layer in a bowl, whisk the mix of instant chocolate pudding and milk until it starts to thicken. Mix the mini marshmallows and distribute them on a layer of hot chocolate mousse. When the pudding layer has settled, spread the whipped cream on top and put it in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
Before serving, spread 2 cups of mini marshmallow and season with melted chocolate, nutella or chocolate topping.
Hot chocolate lasagna
Prep time: 45 Yield: 12
The hot chocolate lasagna is a delicious dessert, perfect for parties to feed the crowd and it is absolutely not a baking recipe !!!
For Oreo Crust:
- 36 Oreo ground cookies
- ½ cup of melted unsalted butter
Layer of hot chocolate cheesecake mousse:
- ½ cup of unsalted softened butter
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 bags of instant hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate flavor)
- 1 ½ cups of heavy whipped cream
Chocolate pudding layer:
- 2 (3.8 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 ¾ cups of milk
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1 ¼ cups of heavy whipped cream (or 2 ½ cups of whipped cream)
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallow
- Chocolate topping or Nutella for serving
- To make the crust, place the whole Oreo biscuits with the filling in a food processor and grind them with thin crumbs. Stir the melted butter and squeeze the mixture into the bottom of the 13 x 9-inch saucepan. Put in the fridge or freezer to firm up while doing the next layer.
- To make a layer of hot chocolate cheesecake mousse, whisk the softened butter and the cream cheese with vanilla and icing sugar until a cream and a soft consistency are obtained.
- In another bowl, whisk the heavy whipped cream and instant milk chocolate powder to form stiff peaks. Fold half of the hot chocolate whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture, then fold into another half (scrape the bottom of the bowl well to incorporate everything well). Then, distribute on the crust and put in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- For the pudding layer in a bowl, whisk the mix of instant chocolate pudding and milk until it starts to thicken. Mix the mini marshmallows and distribute them on a layer of hot chocolate mousse. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- When the pudding layer is set, prepare the whipped cream. Beat the heavy whipped cream and the icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pudding layer and put it in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
- Before serving, spread 2 cups of mini marshmallow on the whipped cream.
- Serve topped with melted chocolate, nutella or chocolate topping.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Hot chocolate lasagna is best the next day when it stops completely in the fridge overnight. You can do it 2-3 days before, but I suggest making a layer of chocolate pudding without marshmallow, because the marshmallows mixed with the pudding become soggy after a few days in the refrigerator.